L.M. Temperature / GAL Power is committed to keeping our future bright for the next generation!
Our Environmental Policy
We are committed to preventing the degradation of the environment, and will take all the necessary precautions to ensure that operational activities, performed by all our staff and outside agencies under our employment, do not cause adverse effects to the environment. We will ensure that all personnel are in compliance with the provisions and regulations of the Environmental Protection Act.
Here is how we have worked towards minimizing our impact on the environment:
- Running a battery recycling program
- Recycling oil and oil filters
- Purchasing “green” products whenever possible
- Recycling of paper, cardboard and plastic products
- Keeping all equipment not in use turned off and unplugged
- Maintaining equipment for maximum efficiency
- Installing programmable building controls
- Using high efficiency light bulbs and fixtures
- Educating employees on energy conservation and waste reduction
Try some of these easy tips for “Going Green”:
In the winter, turn down your furnace by just a degree or two, and put on a sweater to reduce fuel consumption — its saves energy and money. L.M. Temperature Control does this in our own office.
If you are a coffee or tea drinker, you may throw away a disposable cup or more a day, along with all the material and energy that was used to produce it. Why not use a travel mug or reusable cup instead. We practice this green tip at L.M. Temperature Control too!